Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ikea Grocery Shop

 GEEE!  The Swedish love things I do :elderberry syrup /apple pie /salmon /herring and chocolate biscuits  ! That was my first impression when I visited the small grocery Ikea has  inside its huge furniture  store .Its selection is very much limited and unlike its restaurant it is not very cheap . Everything is written in Swedish  - and the small prints come in English :) this way I learnt that the cake or pie is called Kaka  the syrup is saft ...I remembered once working with Swedish schoolers for some days  - their language sounded very similar to  English . Oh my !  what uncontrolled children they were ! Whatever restaurants we visited  we left a lots of broken things behind  : taps /chairs  etc .Since that time I often ask myself if the world would be a better place if the Swedish style of child upbringing spread all over the world . And telling the truth I do not know the answer .
But for this time they imported only their food and furniture  to Qatar .

No comments:

expat Qatar