Monday, June 11, 2012

top Chef leaves Pearl

This issue is major embarrassment for both  I think . For the country  and for the chef . For the country which invited Gordon Ramsay   to open a restaurant at  Pearl district and  allowed him  to sell alcohol . Then  it withdrew this license on public pressure .

The chef  must be embarrassed as well  - he must admit that his  gourmet cuisine was not attractive enough to make profit .

 The people of Qatar must feel victorious . They might have the illusion that they dictate .
In fact this is the money that dictates .In fact they open new restaurants in a five star hotel .

I am coming from a non-drinking family . It is rather rare in Europe or in Hungary .My father imposed ban on alcohol for himself .In his youth he had some experience with being drunk with his friends . Then  one day he woke up and said "Human dignity and alcohol consumption can not go together - I choose rather my dignity "

I am very proud of my dad . First of all because he was not following the others like sheep .Then because he kept himself to his words . Finally because he never forbade us anything .
He just set a good example for us .

No comments:

expat Qatar