Friday, June 15, 2012

rivers ,streams ,lakes in Doha

You might laugh when you read it .Qatar is a desert surrounded by the sea .You certainly will not see those rivers ,streams ,lakes on the surface .But I am very sure that beneath the desert there is a whole system of streams/rivers/lakes .
What makes me think so ? I am laic . I did not study geology but I was born in a town where the stones/ limestone is in abundance  and they are very similar to the ones in Qatar .In my hometown there's a lake right in the centre of the town and it gets the water from underground springs from the caves .
I have always thought that it must be true , then I heard from someone that  they found a wonderfully clean/ fast running stream in Doha while digging for a building's foundation .If there is stream then there must be some rivers and lakes .

No comments:

expat Qatar