Monday, May 28, 2012

Tragedy and Horror - 13 kids die at the Villaggio Nursery

I was busy all the day. When afternoon I was chatting with someone then she asked me what do I think about the fire at Villaggio Mall .I thought that it was just the usual fire - it is quickly put out and no problem  .. no deaths ....
And knowing well the Villaggio Mall ..it is a ground floor structure  you simply would not suppose that massive death toll would  come with the fire .Easy to escape - you do not get stuck in the lift etc .
Then when I heard about the death toll I was astonished ... yes  the nursery was really on the first floor . I visited that place  once out of curiosity and I was shocked even at that time that we have to walk on long corridors without windows and the nursery was like a dead end of that long corridor otherwise packed with offices . I had bad feelings ... as many times when I have to be in a closed area . The location itself was a mistake....
I do not know details yet . But you can imagine how bad the  fire was if you hear the death toll and the four teachers and two firefighters who also perished there .As a mother and teacher I can not describe with words what I feel .MY  sincere sympathy to the parents  who lost their kids there whoever they were whatever nationality it is a day of big tragedy for all of us who live and  bring  their kids up in Doha .

more details and pictures here




No comments:

expat Qatar