Saturday, January 05, 2008


PAUL'S CAFE

I was very disappointed when I found this cafe closed during Eid . Was there a mouse like at the Carrefour in summer ? I have not heard anything - just I saw with sadness that it was closed due to the municipalities order .
This restaurant cafe is so popular and not without merit .
The service is quick and nice .The decor is vintage style - rustic chairs arranged in casual manner.The cakes are tasty ,old fashioned calorie bombs .
When we asked for a kid's meal -first we were given some tasty bread and butter and tapenade .Then came the chicken sandwich which was described as small in the menu - but actually it was large enough for three kids . The ice cream was OK . The cappuccino was a real ,continental hot drink , not a bucket -but a reasonable cup comme il faut .
When sitting at this cafe I got the surrealistic feeling that I just arrived to South France to visit my non-existing French aunt -and this fictive ambiance made me feel so good ..

No comments:

expat Qatar