Monday, November 23, 2015

Escaping the city - Wakra beach

When one is fed up with the city can escape within ten-fifteen minutes from Doha to find oneself  close to mother nature .The small town Wakra got a shore with  shallow water - not suitable for swimming  at all - but locals call it a beach .
It has got a small mangrove forest  and one can watch birds  happily singing in the bushes . The other day  I was so lucky - it was low tide and a small patch of land was filled with white birds . Gulls - I guess . From time to time  they flew up and down in waves and the wonderful sight of the vibrant white wings enchanted me  for some seconds .I wish I knew more about those birds and the reason they got together that day  !
  They were far and I could not  focus on them with my simple  camera  .

However  this miracle made my day !


No comments:

expat Qatar