Wednesday, August 01, 2012

For those who are longing for the Hungarian trapista cheese

Hungary's most popular cheese the Trapista is not imported to Qatar .Those who miss it try the  Hajdu kashkawali cheese but it is something different ,. I  admit that I am one of those who wish to have some real Hungarian trapista . Then  I started to read about this cheese . It turned out that it was brought to Hungary centuries ago by French monks and it is very much similar to the French Port Salut cheese .
So I rushed to the Megamart to see if they have any and behold  - for 116 QR/kg I got a piece only to say that it was really  like our much beloved trapista and  it disappeared from our fridge very quickly .
So I am sharing this with you -  you might try it and like it .



No comments:

expat Qatar