Wednesday, January 10, 2007


Kerala is a tiny state in South India. It boasts with excellent literacy rate .Nearly everybody can read and write – just like in Europe- contrary to the general literacy rate in India. No wonder that they send so many educated workers to his area.
They are lovely people – so no wonder that our first friends here in Qatar were from that state.
But they send not only people-but rice. Brown rice from Kerala. It is a good choice for your health...
Unless –it is full of stones. "stones less " It was written on it. Less than what? It is still unclear. And how on earth stones are getting into that rice?

People from Kerala love their own state very much. They simply call it:"god s own country ". I do like this feature in them. I love the same way my wonderful hometown Tapolca – in Western Hungary.
Once, when I used to work as a tour- guide an American tourist asked me:- Do you wish to live in USA one day – if you have the chance?
My answer was: - The only place where I wish to live when I have the chance is my hometown where I was born. It is the best place in the world.
Then the Americans burst out in applauding and cheering. It was a bit embarrassing. I tried to explain them – it is really the best place- I was just lucky that I was born there ... Then also it came to my mind that they might be cheering that one less Eastern European is coming to the USA...
However - Tapolca is really wonderful place-and I do believe that Kerala is the same. Hope to be able to see it one day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala /to read more about it /
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapolca /just a short note about my hometown /

The other day our Indian friends invited us for a picnic. It was around noon. We were waiting for them at the Sheraton park – but they did not turn up. When losing hope to see them they appeared at the port waving for us to come .We had a little boat trip in the sea. It was a nice suprise ...
After at the park we were chatting –our children were playing. The weather was wonderful – calm and sunny. Reminded me rather Easter in Hungary than January.
Everybody agreed that it was a wonderful day.

No comments:

expat Qatar