Saturday, January 27, 2007

I have read this famous book Da Vinci code. I do not know what I expected from a book like that. But I am deeply disappointed .I do not like detective stories first of all.
I expected more historical facts , more interesting details .Something like Umberto Ecco: Il nomma della rosa .
Jesus s life and death is an ever interesting topic for me. Why was not I puzzled by learning in the middle of the book that the holy cup in fact is the symbol of Jesus wife??or the feminine power?
Why was not I excited to learn that cartoons are full of hidden symbols? And that in the fresco of Leonardo we can see a woman sitting next to Jesus?
All these things left me indifferent perhaps because I had the feeling during reading this badly written story that someone wants me to believe very much that Roman Catholic church and alone is responsible for the oppression of women in the world . That the freemasons are all nice guys. And that it is OK if they are practicing erotic rituals because they do it for high spirituality and so on. They are the good guys and the Roman Catholics and the insane British aristocracy are the bad ones. Everything is so simple in the story like a cowboy film ... All in all it is not written for me...

more information :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vinci_Code

No comments:

expat Qatar