Saturday, December 29, 2007

SZABO MAGDA , the much beloved Hungarian writer died some weeks ago . She was ninety and had a very exciting life and carrier .A woman novelist ,a great teacher .I must stop and think about her . WE met 27 years ago . I was a teenage girl she was the famous writer .She came to visit her cousin to the little town where my brother graduated from the secondary school . The form teacher of my brother happened to be cousin with the great writer and she had promised the visit on the farewell day of the class .The school building was from 18 th century , baroque style . It used to be monastery .ON the farewell days in my country all the school buiding is decorated by flowers .The students before the final exams walk along the classes and sing a farewell song .All of it was very romantic .She was there: a very simple person with very simple manners .
How nice to remember her !
IN her last interview she said this sentence : " I have had a deep fear in my soul since my early childhood : if I do not listen to those who want to talk to me then God is not going to listen to me either ."

Part of her great success was that she was a great listener !

learn more about her in English

No comments:

expat Qatar