Monday, February 12, 2007

Things that I hate in Qatar :

traffic jams
difficulties to find taxis /last week we had to wait 30-40 minutes for a taxi in the morning after visiting a clinic in Rumeila/
buses are jammed with labourers so no way for a family to get on them/ interestingly , we have family days here in supermarkets ,exhibitions etc , but it does not come to the mind of Qatari planners to establish buses for families as well to treat the traffic problems in Qatar /
too many males , females are in minority
no way to ride my bike to get from one place to the other / in my country it is the normal way of getting from one place to the other ,there are many paths for riders only . here it is the way of transport for some poor Indian males- and it seems very dangerous/
no way for walking - as there are not enough zebra crossings and sidewalks
censorship on my art gallery / though I do not display nudes or similar things/
censorod cartoons / Piglet in some books/
my favourite pizza restaurants homepage is banned / whyyyyy? I used to visit it when I was homesick , when a day I was shocked to see that it was banned/
too much food products made in usa
no hungarian paprika at all/ we must make do with some french or spanish paprika/
no free education for non-qatari kids / and the level of teaching is much to be desired /
any extra activities for kids is terribly expensive / karate lessons for a month about100 dollars - in our little town it is about50 dollars for a year /
ooooh I would be able to list for you soooo many things but it is enough for today, is not it ?

No comments:

expat Qatar