Sunday, September 13, 2015

Victoria cafe high tea - review

It was a coupon and  the dream of a nice relaxed  afternoon tea that brought us to Victoria Cafe \s high tea meal .
  I expected a girly place - over decorated fine china cups and kettles ,luxurious way of relaxation . Fine sandwiches and cakes  ...
 So we booked  . The staff was very helpful and nice all the time  - even they warned us that smoking is allowed . We did not get the message .
 Yes - it was full of men . No other ladies  , no china cups , no richly decorated style .
 The  tea was served in modern glass kettle and fancy double sided plastic cups . The meal came on three plates placed above each other on a stand .
 I chose the Pu tea - it was wonderful . sandwiches , scones , and cakes were served .  It was very big meal  -  too much for one person . I had hoped that they would give us smaller size but gourmet ones .  Frankly - I think the sandwiches of any Opera cafe were better than the ones here  . 

 I could not  relaxe at all  - I felt it was a big mistake   to go there  . Even more men arrived and the  proportion of genders was worse and worse  . Even the furnitures looked rather Empire style and not Victorian  .But I am not an expert . As we were leaving I saw some ladies  having their high teas rather in the lobby of the hotel .They had khaleeji look and did not wish to enter at all seeing  that it was packed with men .

Feel like #royalty with the #Victorian and #Edwardian inspired ambiance and #design throughout our property! #grandheritagedh #Doha #Qatar #Aspirezone #Ramadan #رمضان #رمضان_كريم
Posted by Grand Heritage Doha Hotel and Spa on Wednesday, July 8, 2015

  Some old memories  about  wonderful antique style cafes came to my mind  ! I must have been spoiled  in my homeland .

Ebéd utáni kávém.
Posted by Gábor Korom on Wednesday, January 8, 2014
 I still wonder  where is the place in Doha  suitable for two ladies to have high tea now and  then .

No comments:

expat Qatar