Sunday, April 01, 2012

Exploding bulbs ...This is something that has never happened to me before .Tungsram the Hungarian bulb is/was excellent ... it happened in the 1980's in the city of Budapest that a man living alone died while the lights were on . They found it out only after  years because neighbors had thought he was OK since they saw  the lights on in the evenings . Tungsram bulbs last years though their quality is not as great since the GE bought it up . Still some Hungarians claim that some of their bulbs have been in use for 15 years ! Now here in Qatar the situation is quite different . I have been living  here a for a while but I still do not understand why the bulbs must be changed so often  and what makes them explode eventually . The other day it happened to me  as I switched the lights on in the corridor .. the breaking glass shattered all over  the room and even on my hair . It made me very upset .Then when I talked to some families they said yes it is like that for them too ...sometimes they have to change bulbs daily ....
 Is it because of  the bulbs ( Osram )? Or is it because the isolation is poor and there is leakage from  upstairs ?  Or  the voltage is not even what we receive ?Can somebody tell me please ! I am terrified by the idea that it would explode again and fall all over the kids ...

No comments:

expat Qatar