Thursday, April 05, 2012

Did you get used to the those strange flavors while living abroad ? -asked one of my distant relative whom I came across on the skype ? Strange flavors ? -I asked back ...You think we must eat local food day and night ?  For some people it is difficult to make out how one can preserve her identity  included her favorite flavors ..Well,well  the paprika is not the best here so you have to bring you favorite spice from Hungary .But do not think that you have to eat local food here ... in fact it is not easy to find the local food if you dine out ....we buy from the  women who are selling their home made dishes in large hot pots ... that happens at big festivals ... so it is not every day event.
Doha is international .You can find here  a lots of Arab and Indian restaurants  and a lots of junk food from the American chains ...there are some Italian and Chinese ones and a lot more as well ...I f you are like me and loves the experiment in the kitchen then you are in the heaven.. there are so many kinds of fish , spice mix ,green leaves ,vegetables , fruits  in the market that you will  always find something new to try ...
As for the Hungarian flavors : I am great fan of the Hungarian fish soup and stews especially the ones made  with sauer kraut  - but from time to time I find that I  add some curry powder to some dishes ... when I stopped the chatting with my relative I went to the kitchen and served some Hungarian bean soup to the kids and to my plate I added some Indian flavors ...to me those spice mixes are the best ones I have ever tried ...

No comments:

expat Qatar