Monday, May 18, 2009

Four Seasons hotel got this award the other day . I have got only little experience on hotels in Qatar - but I must say that they deserve the award !
As we entered this place a group of intelligent looking people wondered if they could help us with anything . They were not humbling themselves just they were helpful and kind . I must add that we do not have any VIP look - and during the reception the waiters waitresses were behaving the same way . This is a basic thing - in the service industry that they care about the people they employ ...

But unfortunately this is not so evident around here . I heard complains about famous hotels in Doha where the "cheaper the better " is the main ideology when they are recruiting .
Result ? Difficulty in understanding each other , stupidity , behaving to the guest according to his decision whether you are someone important or not ...
I was at la Cigalle for example - I thought I would practice French - but when I asked the doorman about the reception hall then he was not able to answer in French .
I was at the Sharq village - I was amazed by the architecture and the out of this world atmosphere of their cafe - but when we entered an exhibition there - they were behaving as we were not existing . When some American tourists came - they made a big fuss around them - and which was the most annoying is that they were offering them some candy and my child started to scream for candies too - but they went on ignoring us and she got no one candy .... What a stupid way of treating customers !

No more that place for us !

No comments:

expat Qatar