Friday, March 13, 2009


International Women Day

It was marked by several expat organization .There was an article in Gulf Times about life expectancy of Qatari women . It is 77 years . The same as men's life expectancy .Why do not women of Qatar live longer than men ?
My theory : number of birth per woman is high . Many pregnancies can be life shortening factor -though health care is excellent here .
Another theory : man do not drink at least as much as in the West -so it is not shortening their lives .

I do not think it is only Qatar in Arabia where life expectancy of women is nearly the same as men's .It is surprising only when it is compared to women 's of the West .
They like to compare themselves to the Western World .
Did I tell you ? One Qatari called me on their local forum Eastern European trash .I dared criticize them for something . The emphasize was an Eastern .I was laughing so much !!!He did not even think about it ! Compared to them we are the West !

No comments:

expat Qatar