Friday, November 02, 2007

This fine weather at the beginning of November reminds me May and early June in Hungary .And talking of that part of the year I remember the day when I became a "little drummer " .Every seven year old kid did so - but I was very excited . WE had to learn by heart the six points and recite the oath at the greatest square of the town .There were hundreds of us standing there .The morning sun of May and the smell of blooming chestnut trees filled our hearts with happiness . WE took the oath of Little drummers -then a good friend of my mum came and I got from her the blue scarf to wear it on around my neck .I was touched to some drop of tears by that great honour . Then I reunited with my family - we walked home and had some cakes on the way .It was a very happy relaxed day .

What happened to the Little drummers ? What happened to our dreams about the idealistic society where the greatest value is human life and not the profit ? What happened to the world ?

No comments:

expat Qatar