Saturday, May 18, 2024

Hidden Gems at the Doha Book Fair - 1 A Glimpse into Chinese Books

  Yesterday, I had the pleasure of visiting the Doha Book Fair, and I couldn't wait to share some of the fascinating highlights with you.



First and foremost, I was genuinely taken aback by the  number of Chinese publishing houses present at the fair. It was quite the unexpected sight! These publishers had an impressive array of children's books available in multiple languages: Arabic, English, and even Chinese.


Among the vast selection, a few titles particularly caught my eye. There was a beautifully illustrated book dedicated entirely to the wonders of the bamboo forest

and another intriguing one about the diverse amphibians of China.


But the true gem of my visit was stumbling upon a two-volume encyclopedia on traditional Chinese remedies, all in English. It's the kind of find that you can't easily come across in just any bookstore. To top it off, this comprehensive set was reasonably priced at just 370 QAR. Considering the wealth of knowledge it contained, it felt like a real bargain!



 Overall, the Doha Book Fair was a treasure trove of book lovers , and I'm thrilled to have had the chance to explore it. If you ever get the opportunity to visit next  year, I highly recommend it—who knows what surprises you'll uncover?

No comments:

expat Qatar