Thursday, January 27, 2022

cold weather - hot soups

  It is the coldest   time of the year in Doha  .  The lowest   for this weekend   is 13 C  degree  .  Time   to    have some   hot soups  !  My reccommendation of hot soups from various  places in Doha .



Number  one -   I  have just  discovered this one a week   ago  when  I  longed  for a  home made style   broth . The  Ramen  Bowl   from   the  restaurant  called   The  Bowl   was  exactly   what   I wanted :  the base  was   home made bone broth with  some   soba noodles , shiitake mushrooms , vegetables , seaweed etc ,  healing  spices . I was  half recovered  after  I had it .  They  also  offer  Pho  Bowl .  I  might   try it next time when in need  of   some healing   soup . It was  rather  expensive  - QR 50  ...

Lulu hypermarket  offers excellent   soup in  takeaway cups . Only  five   rials per cup! I am a  fan  of  their hot and sour  soup  and  the   chicken  manjurian  broth .   Serving  can be  slow  though  the big masses   have not  discover  yet  this  gem .




Beef   dumpling  soup   from the Afrasiyab , the Uzbek   restaurant .I had  it  once   some times  ago . It was nice . It is around thirty   rials . They  also  offer lamb   soup cooked in clay pot .  That  sounds  exciting ! I might  try it  in the future .


  For seafood  soup   I would   recommend  the Red Lobster restaurant but they  dissapeared  from  Qatar . At least I can not find them . The Harbour   restaurant   used  to have   nice  seafood   soups  as well  but  I do not know  about  their   quality   nowadays . I met  Korean food  lovers  who are  raving  about the   Tofu   house 's  Korean soups.  They are too  spicy  to my taste . There  was a  time   when  Little  Yehaw   restaurant  used to offer  clear  soup  with dumplings  - which   was  excellent . Doha is changing  and  many places  even  international  brands  vanish . Some  French  cafes  offer  soup du jour  -  they  are OK  but not  that big deal .




I really like it in Doha . In the last two  years  the delivery  service  improved a  lot . Thanks  for  the drivers who  are serving us  in cold and hot  weather .






No comments:

expat Qatar