Saturday, June 04, 2016

tragic news from home and from here

When my mom was calling on Skype I turned down that call . Ringing me after 8 pm means something bad . My father death was announced this way some years ago . Now it was the turn of my dad's siblings I thought .
I was not strong enough to hear about the loss of my uncles or aunts .At least not that night .

It was only  the day after I contacted her . It was not  about my uncles or aunts . It was a 30 year old  young lady who happened to be  the daughter of an old friend of mine .Some kind of cancer killed her -she was preparing  to her wedding ....

It was terrible to hear . I was watching old photos . She was cheerfully dancing at a birthday party - I recalled as she was walking to  school with her violin at the age of five ...

I was ruminating over this news when I got a call . It was from the school of my child . First I believed that it was about the reservation fee that we failed to pay...

then the person who called me mentioned my son's teacher' name and that she must say something sad ... She passed away last night in her home ... How absurd it is ! First I was relieved that it was not about us  then slowly I understood what happened . My son's much beloved teacher /the most loved person in the school / the woman who just gave a book on my son's birthday / who just received some flowers from his pupils on teacher's day / the woman who was worried as much about my son's education as me /  who was not only a teacher but a highly educated exceptional person /the fairy godmother of my child is not with us anymore ...

 To make things worse the school did not give out any information about the cause of death and the circumstances .How to deal with the teacher's death ? How to deal with the fairy's death ?

This topic was that I searched hopelessly on the net ...

She was a lively -young person in her thirties  who almost never missed a day from school .We had no clue  about what went tragically wrong  that night .Until some days ago when a teacher  told us that it was a heart attack that killed her . I googled again to find out the likelihood of an African American woman dying in heart attack so young . What I found terrified me ! Between the age of 20 and 50 nearly the half of them are already have heart disease! They have 20 times higher risk than other ethnic groups to get a stroke or heart attack ...yes -junk food , too much salt kills them...

All those eateries should be closed down all over the world . I never thought that it was so harmful ! How many more tragedy must happen ? How many more little child will loose his fairy godmother ? How can we all let it happen at all ?

No comments:

expat Qatar