Thursday, May 21, 2015

Food poisoning worldwide


  I found an interesting article  on Yahoo . It  is about food poisoning and tourism . They asked 2000 people in which country they expect to be sick / 
they were sick by the food they had .  In the answers there are only two Arab country listed  Egypt ( no wonder )  Morocco  .
I got seriously ill  in Egypt after having  a mozzarella salad  in a top hotel . I can not tell you the pain we had in our guts . I have never had before
 or luckily after  something similar .

 Qatari restaurants  are strictly inspected by local authorities  but  food poisonings happen here as well . The last one was in Marmara Istanbul restaurant  in 2014 October .
 People  needed hospital care and a pregnant mother lost her baby due to the strong contractions she had .

 Some weeks ago I read about prominent restaurants using expired materials !

 The best trick to avoid food poisoning or to minimize the effect is drinking something acidic with your meal . At least one of my friend told me that . After a Sunday
meal all the family got salmonella except for the husband who had some acidic drink  with the meal . All of them ate the same stuffed chicken in Hungarian style  which include eggs !




No comments:

expat Qatar