Friday, February 14, 2014

Our Sports Day Experience - 2014

So I chose the Education City for our National Sport Day .It was nice ,sunny day .There was a  big pitch full of bouncing castles and other rides for free .My kids were first disappointed .They expected games and prizes like at the tent in the Aspire during last Ramadan .Or something like at the wheels and  heels day at the MIA . But finally they were cheerfully bouncing ,jumping and sliding for two hours .
Then we had lunch  -  some restaurant stall was selling American bagels with chips and cookies and orange juice . This was my first bagel of my life . I expected it to be heated but they did not have any oven !

Green apple ,popcorn and board games were distributed for free .
Then we took a  shuttle bus to see the famous Shaqab horse  riding facility . We felt sorry we  had not come earlier .Entertainment was free .But we had only 20 minutes left  - the kids were riding ponies , painting plaster horses and got a painted horse on their face from a very talented face painter .
At the end to our biggest surprise we saw Sheika Mozah appearing among us .That was  really something unexpected that The First Lady of Qatar would come to greet  the visitors but t was a very exciting end of the day .

We saw  a gymnastic display after by little girls and teen ones .Then we took the shuttle and had a rest at a traditional Qatari tent near the Student Center .

 My kids had a very deep and long sleep then at night .

I ,myself was tired too  - that was the first day in my life that I had a bagel (cold one ) ,the first time that I visited Shaqab  and the first time I saw a princess from so close ...




more activities close to Qatar Academy

No comments:

expat Qatar