Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New committee to study Villaggio fire reports

New committee to study Villaggio fire reports

I wonder what could they find after half a year , just to read the reports again . The building is repaired . The victims are buried . Most of the evidence however   must come from phone calls . The two most important questions are
1. Where did the phone calls asking for help go ? We must think that they must have tried to call the emergency - from reports we know that the teachers called their boss , their co- workers and even they called abroad to say farewell to their relatives .
How on earth the information about the existence of a nursery on fire does not arrive to the firefighters ...?

2 . When the teachers detected light smoke first - then they called their boss/co -workers to ask them what to do . They told them to call the security then they got the answer that there were no more danger there was a little fire but it was controlled .
Who was the one who misinformed them . and why ?


many times I try to imagine what if I found myself with 13 little kids and "light smoke " I would certainly run out to see what is going on ... many times I wonder why these teachers did not run out ... is it possible that they did not even try it ?...

the nursery fire in mexico in 2009 was much worse than this ... that one came suddenly the false ceiling fell onto the sleeping babies - but still they managed to save a lots of kids

here it was a slow spreading fire and it was rather the smoke that killed but all of them ...no one was saved :(

in Mexico like in Qatar the fire came from a store that they had a common wall with - I often think about it how important the location of the nursery ... when I used to work in Budapest the company had its own nursery and kindergarten at the top floor - on the sixth ... on the roof even there was a park for them en plein air with playground .. everything was wonderful there - at this height even the air of the city is clean .. still something in me told NO ... I left my promising career for the sake of a child friendly place ... in the countryside I worked as a freelancer and it was not always a sure income - but in the kindergarten there were huge chestnut trees to hug and it was a stand alone building .. .



No comments:

expat Qatar