Monday, September 10, 2012

witchcraft charges in Qatar ?

I have just read a disturbing article in the Gulf Times .It is about a  maid who had just started to work for a local family when their child turned seriously ill .The family decided that the maid was a witch - there was a doll under  her pillow- they refused to employ her and even they  notified the police .
I am not surprised that some people still do not understand basic psychological terms like projection of our  negative feelings on somebody else ... I am not surprised that they have not heard about the incubation period of some disease . I am just shocked that they  informed the police as well about their allegations .
  Can somebody be charged in Qatar with witchcraft ? This is the  disturbing question I keep asking myself since I read this little piece of news .

No comments:

expat Qatar