Friday, September 28, 2012

Breakfast in a cheap restaurant

We were bored by the usual breakfast restaurants in Doha .We headed towards Al-Wakra and we were randomly looking for places to eat . We did not like  the selection and finally my husband decided to take us to a cheap-looking eatery .Surprisingly ,it did have family section upstairs and not only tables and chairs -but we could opt for the traditional Arabian style little rooms . That was really something unexpected  to have breakfast while sitting on the ground leaning on a sturdy pillow and  enjoying a Arabian breakfast . That was the best lentil sauce (adas)  I ever had . And the fresh flatbread (khobz ) was a perfect match with it . The bean puree with cheese was interesting( foul maa gubn) -and the  scrambles (shakshouska) were all right .
We were sitting on clean carpet and enjoying the polite service and the home-like atmosphere . I only had two things that I did not like ...the melamine plates  and the toilet . There was strong smell there and a    naked wire in the wall . That makes me crazy here n Qatar -  when I stumble upon naked wires at unexpected places and I  am there with two little kids ,

I should name here the restaurant - but I I can not remember .It had a long name  and Bukhari was within .

No comments:

expat Qatar