Friday, February 25, 2011

I heart fondue aprons from Zazzle.com





Yesterday we went to the Food Festival behind the Exhibition Center.It was not exactly the gourmet event I expected. A bunch of 5 star hotels were offering junk food like hamburgers ,French fries etc .For the real gourmet dishes one have to go around all the tents and hunt .First I
ordered for myself a beef sausage with Sauer Kraut from hotel Kempinksi Suites( or something like that) They gave me a decent sized fried sausage, so much French Fries but I saw no Sauer Kraut at all. When I inquired as to where the SauerKraut was , then they pointed out to a few threads of braised cabbage under the sausage. Sausages were great hit for the children and I had to order them 2 more portions . The chef was very proud of himself:) My husband bought some Goulash which was sold for him as German dish :) or :( ..It was a stew with rice ..really not very much Hungarian)

Then I ordered swiss raclette from the Movenpick hotel, which was a decent fondue with melted swiss ? cheese - tiny boiled unpeeled potatoes and a hint of pickled veggies.. it was good as it was ..While having the fondue my husband brought me some fantastic ,subtle flavored herb tea ... but he had forgotten at which tent he bought it ...

The sushi at Dana club was an easily forgettable experience. The raspberry cream in tiny cups at Le macron was fine but giving five riyals for a thimbleful fruit cream !It was not the deal I expected here ! The tiramisu was of decent size - I just missed the flavor of coffee from that dessert .

Malay cuisine was featured at one hotel's tent - there was a large crowd of Malays there I saw some weird green candy were taken.I saw Latino dishes at other hotel ...

We just had something to eat and we spent 100 riyals quickly . It was nice spring weather - it was outdoors - every hotel brought some of their seats so there were chic nice places to sit around and relax ..from the heralded fun programs for kids we saw only an empty stage between 3pm and 5pm on Friday..

No comments:

expat Qatar