Friday, October 26, 2007

Walking has always been part of my life .
WE used to live around one and a half kilometre from the school and would walk there and back daily with my brothers and friends .
It used to be a pure delight for us : we either used to stroll along the main street of the green belt or explored the old town's zig-zag streets .There were several way to school and every and each was fun .
For this reason or other daily walking is a need of my every day life .
The other day I walked to the hospital from our home .It was great .The weather was nice .Birds were singing ,my spirit was high , my homesickness disappeared .Cheering the life – I stepped on the zebra crossing at the big junction near the hospital .Suddenly a Qatari looking four wheeler speeded towards me trying to hit me or just to scare me to death .
I escaped safe and sound .And I will keep up walking in this country despite the snob living here .
At the same time I wonder what we could do for the right of pedestrians and cyclists of this country .Have you got any idea ?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I also miss walking on the streets. Unfortunately here I can't, except on the cornishe in the evenings.
I just read your article now and I loved it!
I will call you tomorrow!

alma wad said...

oh ,yeah walking for me is more than a hobby but the freedom itself ! that I can choose either to take a car or use my feet to go out .
and to be safe in both cases !
bye

expat Qatar