Sunday, October 21, 2007


My friend Magdi is a wonderful cook . She made some birthday cake the other day for her grandson's birthday .She had shared with me the photo and the recipe .
here it is
BIRTHDAY CAKE a la Magdi
5 eggs I used to make the sponge cake base for the cake .I divided the dough into two half and baked them separately . Both got a little hump -so I cut those humps to use them later on .
I cooked some custard from nearly half a litre of milk and chocolate flavoured custard powder - and Let it cool .
I mixed 200 gr of butter with the same amount of sugar then I added some cocoa powder as well .
I mixed the cold custard with the butter -and saved some of it
for the coating of the cake .
To the rest of the cream I added the cut humps + 1 spoonful of apricot jam + rum aroma .
i filled the cream inside the cake .I managed to cut one of the cake disc
into halfs- so i got three layers of sponge cake .
I coated the cake with the cream previously saved.
For the coating of the top I mixed 15 dkg sugar +3 spoonful of cherry syrup and cooked them and coated the top .
I added some walnuts to the side of the cake .

No comments:

expat Qatar