Tuesday, May 22, 2007

MATERNITY is in the air. There are so many expecting mothers around here . The out-patient clinics are painfully overcrowded .The hospital must delay planned c-sections . doctors are busier than ever .
Why all this is like that ?
It is may be due to qatari goverment encouraging local people having more and more kids .Arabian penninsula is underpopulated and this is a way to boost population density .
Another explaination might be the large number of expatriate women . Even Hungarians a re getting babies here every year .We are so few here . And still babies are coming every quarter of a year .
People love having a lots of kids around them here . When I arrived five years ago I had only one kid . When people asked me about the number of my kids -they became embarassed hearing th answer .THey ususally answered :" God will help you " . It is something unimaginable here that someone wishes to have only one or two kids .Someone had advised me to have a test tube baby . It is also available here . Simply I was regarded as the poor infertile woman - just because I had only one kid .
Where someone can deliver the baby ?
Well the answer is : Hamad hospital . It is a governement supported facility and the cheapest way - though not always the nicest .
There is a single private hospital which can provide full service for delivery .I heard - it is half empty .Very expensive .It is like a nice hotel with friendly service and doctors , but it seems that even the qataris prefer Hamad hospital maternity is in the air

No comments:

expat Qatar