Friday, February 26, 2021

Afrasiyab Restaurant - Uzbek Cuisine in Qatar - review by Alma Wad

 

  I wished to have something different for  Friday lunch so I opted for a  cuisine totally unknown by me . The Uzbek cooking is something to be explored  . I ordered through the Talabat . It arrived super fast . 


One plov and two salads . I was not sorry for the  order since it was delicious but  their traditional biryani ,  the Uzbek plov was not as special  as I expected .I mean , here in Qatar we are really spoiled by the large variety of Arabian and Indian rice meat dishes . The base of the Uzbek dish was rice with carrot and chickpeas .The raisins existed only in their descriptions . I missed it very much . All I know about the Central Asian cooking that  they tend to mix their rice with some dried fruits . So when they chose not to add raisins they left out the very  thing that would make it unique here .


 On  the rice base their were mini sized  ,stuffed  vine leaves ,boiled eggs , green chili . The meat cubes were well made . They were super soft . 


 The tomato salad was exactly what I  expected : tomato  and onion with some hot red pepper slices . Simple and great flavours .


 The  Olivier salad  was   as I hoped  - a simple  Russian salad  that is so difficult to find  here . Very well made .


 Prices are moderate  - I think all I payed was 45 QR .


 I  might try next time their soup - the Pelmeni soup .Their samosa  and their flat bread also sounds   great .  The only dessert they offered on their Talabat menu was Napoleon cake . I was not in the mood now  for a cake of such strange name ! :) 


  Delivery : through Talabat riders - excellent service

  This is a small restaurant in Bin Mahmoud .

    15 Building, Ibn Mahmood Street, Fereej Bin Mahmoud, Doha

    They have beautiful traditional tableware  and according  to the reviews great and friendly service .Call

+97450407865

 

 

No comments:

expat Qatar