Saturday, March 07, 2015

Urban legend in Doha


My husband needed the mechanic the other day . He was surprised that he had moved - his garage was destroyed - a new office building was erected instead . He got a notice that he had to leave and his business was over - he could not find an affordable place so far .
"My collegues on the other side of the street were much luckier than me . Qatar rails paid them a hefty 300 .000 Qatari riyals to restart their business - nearly $100 .000 "
I do not know if it is true or not but just imagine what a luck for them ! if it is true that in India many people live on $1-2 per day then these men got enough money for 100 years !
On the other hand if they remain in Doha they must pay this sum to restart a new garage !
Just for the right of usage ! I wonder how many people restart their business and how many will leave for good with that money !

No comments:

expat Qatar