Tuesday, March 11, 2014

scenes from our life in Qatar

Living in the center of Doha there is always a construction  very close to us .Behind us ,next to us buildings were completed .It was not a dream  to hear  from so close how a building is made .  But they were made and for some years there was silence . Then in front of us the old villas were destroyed  and a six-story  building   was erected  ....nearly completed when the local  authorities caught them . At least I think that is why they stopped . I was always afraid to go out  when they were working . No one worker was wearing safety ropes - I was simply afraid that they would fall on us  a day .
 Since that time  when I try to feed my picky eater at lunch time and I am sitting near the window I see Faza Police  passing by and  checking out the building  from their  car . My little child who refused the lunch one day got scared from the word "police' - he was hiding under the table in fear they would catch him :)

________________________________________________________________

 Going to the Al-Sadd emergency with a sick child is not  fun  but I am always grateful to see how much child centered they are .Nowadays they employ  someone whose  job is just to guide the new-comers around  . This is very nice . Yet there was  one thing I found very strange . CCTV - the Chinese news channel was on at the waiting lounge .In the country of Baraem , Jim channel why on the earth we must watch Chinese news ?

___________________________________________________________

During the recent diplomatic tensions the big and powerful neighbour allegedly threatened Qatar with closing the borders and not supplying  the country  with their food products anymore .I was thinking about it . No more Al-marai  labneh ,laban and cheap custards ?No more Sunbullah paratha ?  How can we make do without  them ? Will there be shortage of  dairy products and poultry ?And if so then which country will happily bring its products here ? Turkey ?France ? Any other idea ?

No comments:

expat Qatar