Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rainy day in Doha - March 2014

I woke up at night when I heard the thunderstorm and the  heavy rain . I was the only one who was up . I   managed to get up and switch off electric devices . Especially the water pump which tends to cause shortcuts when  it rains .
I let my kids to school with worries .It was raining heavily and thunderstorms again .

At daytime when I looked through the window I saw an African lad walking in the flooded street barefoot with his good-looking  shoes in his hands .I understood his point .One has to save his shoes for the dry days .
When my kids arrived home I found that one of them had his socks totally wet . They told me that the schoolyard was totally flooded and it was very difficult to walk to the bus and keeping  their shoes dry . I cancelled school for tomorrow .

 I was looking for a song in Arabic about the rain on the youtube but I could not really find one .No wonder  they  have only 10  rainy days in average per year  .

 Matar  - rain
 Maa -water

  so here is my favorite rainy song
suggest me one in Arabic if you know one


 I

No comments:

expat Qatar