Saturday, July 14, 2012

Qatar Airways the best airline in the world

Now that Qatar Airways won again the best airline award I remembered our travel with them eight years ago .We went to Frankfurt with them  then to Doha .Flying to Frankfurt  was simply terrible . We got sits near the partition wall between the economy and first class . plus we had to sit in the two seats in the middle surrounded by solo traveler men .Behind us there was a couple with a lovely little girl who was crying all the time .The Asian air hostesses( Pinoy look) were caring only about the  single American men around us  - the smell of alcohol was too much to bear ..When asked for water they pretended they did not hear us . Their reaction was the same to a  Qatari mother ... The food was excellent but the air hostesses simply forgot one snack to give us and  ignored us  while they were super kind to the male solo travelers . After hours of flying the  gourmet lunch was served .Then the little girl threw up behind us .That is why she was crying all the time -her stomach was upset . Finally she stopped crying and fell asleep .But somehow we could not enjoy the lunch .On the return flight we were more lucky -we had British air hostess and no drunken passenger around us .It was fine  -but I still do not rate them the best airline service ... to me Air France seemed to be far better ...if I were the manager of the airline I would employ only people with above average IQ . Customers tend to rate a service according to the human factor .I do not care as a customer what the waistline is of an air hostess .I expect her to do her job and to be kind to every passenger and helpful with kids .This selective kindness  I experienced  at QA is putting me off .
We had to change the plane in Frankfurt . I found myself with my kids in Lufthansa cheap flight .We were very warmly welcomed by the staff and my kids got some  gift at once .( On QA only the first class kids were given gifts )  The Food was very basic -some sandwiches and  soft drinks  -but still we were happy as the  air hostess came to us several times asking about our needs/ offering blankets and telling some lovely words to our kids .
As an economy passenger I felt much more comfortable at Lufthansa than at QA .QA might be the best  in the world with the first class passengers  -but they did not offer anything special for  us at the economy class (.I am not interested in drinking alcohol at all . )The gourmet lunch was  the only real special thing there .
 Thanks God we arrived safe and sound and after all that was the most important ...

No comments:

expat Qatar