Monday, March 13, 2023

Personal Report from the food festival -2023 Qatar

We arrived  after sunset, exited the metro at the wrong station, and found ourselves on a bike fast tracking lane, where occasional bikers were speeding. It took us five minutes to realize how dangerous it was, and we hurried back to the metro to figure out the correct exit; there was no sign pointing people in the direction of the food festival, despite the fact that Lusail city is novel even to the locals.


Apparently, we weren't the only ones who got disoriented in that area.


After that, we went for a walk down Lusail   boulevard  .It  is a pedestrian  area  . A tram  is supposed  to run  along . However no tram  is operating  yet . What about those who have trouble walking? While living in Qatar, we became accustomed to   golf carts , shuttle  buses and so on.  But nothing  this time .:(

In the end, we made it to the QIFF 2023. It's in a lovely new neighborhood with neatly spaced kiosks. Since prior online registration was required, I thought I would need to present my QR code.

However, no one had actually requested this. When I asked the guy at the front desk where I could show off my QR code, he simply said, "Not today."


Street performers ,music , moderate   crowd .Lots of families  with small kids .   Then it was  prayer   time  and everything   was  quiet .I was  dissapointed  to see  that most of the places   are not very   special ones .  Things  that you would see at the metro stations .I had the impression  that 80 %  was  selling burgers/tacos /pizzas .

There was also a section offering expensive high-tea, which is usually outside of my price range.

Finally, I came to a halt in front of a Japanese kiosk. The crowd had grown quite large by this point.

After that, the firewalk began.

It was fantastic, and everyone was pleased. It was an uplifting experience.

I could compare it to the time I saw the fountain dance in Dubai.No fountain  was here  .Just the same feeling of togetherness.

 Following the firework display, another musical attraction began. It directed the crowd away from the kiosk area. That was a wise planning .

I still had half of the budget I had planned to spend. I ran around the kiosks again, but I couldn't find any of my favorites. The longest line was in front of a place that sold fries. It made me very sad. I recall when California Tortilla was the most popular attraction. I really liked their salad bowls with the eatable bowl. That restaurant, I believe, left Qatar years ago.

My ability to tolerate crowds was exhausted. We had heard that cooking shows had begun, but we were prepared to leave .

As we strolled along the Boulevard again, we came across a McDonald's restaurant. It was also crowded, but the staff was excellent. They served me before the others and found me seats upstairs easily.

. This is how our gastronomic event concluded this year.

When I arrived at the metro station, I was exhausted.

A large crowd has just arrived...

I must return during  daytime, I told myself, even if not for the food, because the views must be spectacular and novel.


That  was  a report  by  Alma  Wad  -visiting  QIFF  event  on the  second  day  at around  sunset .


 


No comments:

expat Qatar