Thursday, January 07, 2016

Crackdown on private tuition - I do not understand

The Supreme Council of Education is planning a crackdown on private tuition in Qatar . I simply do not understand . What is the harm in it ? Getting personal attention when learning something .It is all human . But the educational authorities think the other way :

  " the official urged pupils to focus on their teachers in classes instead of depending on private tutors, a phenomenon which, he said, could have a negative impact on children in the future."

What  negative impact ? One size fits all does not work in education . I might not understand well the teacher at school / I might understand other one outside the school . It is my own life experience . It happened to me that  I  was weak in a subject but I became excellent after taking private classes .

But in Qatar now it is considered a criminal act - one can get half-year of imprisonment or can be fined to  QR100,000 .Or both !

Education is not a crime ! I am sad  and confused !
Or perhaps I am missing something ?  Is there a well-known fact or custom here that the article did not mention ?

source

No comments:

expat Qatar