Sunday, August 26, 2007

tall and ginger qatari expats fellow-blogger 's site is blocked by qatar censors .I wonder why ?
During the last five years I found that they block things which are difficult to explain why .They had blocked a Hungarian page"taltos" which was about the origin of the Hungarians .Then they had blocked our town 's favourite pizza restaurant's site -I have no idea why .I had my first gallery and still I have on a Hungarian page .
It has been blocked for three years . true ,there are some nudes among other artist's pictures - but my page was free of that . It is very difficult to manage a gallery when it is blocked . Then I decided to open a gallery at the biggest international site .Two month later my gallery had opened that was blocked as well .
I do not know why - but some month later they changed their minds and nowadays it is not blocked at all .

4 comments:

gareth said...

Hi Alma Wad

Do you still see our site as blocked by Qtel?

Internet in our apartment doesn't go through the Qtel filters so I can't tell, but a few weeks ago my wife found the site was blocked when she tried to access it from work, so I emailed Qtel and they said it wasn't being blocked. I asked a friend of mine to check it from his office and he was able to access it ok.

I also notice that my site tracker reports that several people have visited the site from locations in Qatar over the past few days, so it doesn't appear to be blocked to everyone.

So I'm fairly sure it's not blocked, but can't explain why occasionally some people find it is.

alma wad said...

HI !
It is still blocked .But I really do not know if I should laugh or cry about it .After reading your post I understand that it is specially blocked for me ...

gareth said...

Don't worry, you're not missing much - we're struggling to find stuff worth blogging about at the moment!

Try sending an email to the address on the 'site blocked' page (censor@qtel.com.qa?) and tell them that it's blocked but you don't think it should be. Then they'll tell you whether it's on their block list or not, and if it isn't you can ask why you're seeing it as blocked.

They replied quite quickly last time I contacted them.

alma wad said...

yes , I must send one e-mail . I really wonder what is behind this .
Alma

expat Qatar